Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If you MUST shave! Do it like they do in 19th century war time!

So a friend of mine randomly sends me a link to a website called "The Art Of Manliness" not so much because she wanted me to scope out some articles about furry men (though I found some!); but because she's in love with anyone that has an appreciation for things that are slightly old-timey. The primary contributors to artofmanliness.com all seem to call upon research and traditions of men from 1950's and earlier - which is very interesting. In many ways, it's as if men circa 1960 and after are no longer manly.

Nevertheless, I became very sucked into this website and found myself reading article after article from; An Article Guaranteed to Put Hair on Your Chest, to an article about COLD WATER SHAVING!

Now I know what you're thinking, "Moj, I don't understand why you're informing Men on how to shave if you want them to be bearded!" but alas - not ALL men can grow beautiful beards, and not all men should have full beards! So if you MUST shave - I think you might enjoy this article on cold water shaving. Take a lesson from some men that are VERY SERIOUS about the ART OF MANLINESS!

This post has been written for your delight by, Commander Mojdeh!

Links:
Art of Manliness - Cold Water Shaving - article
Art of Manliness - Chest Hair - article
My Star Trek / Space Blog
My Production Company
My Band

2 comments:

  1. The Art of Manliness is my most favorite website. As a woman it gives me insight into the male mind, and a clue to their motivation for action.
    I'm fascinated by the advice the authors of this blog give their readers-> AND it is authored by a married couple!
    How wonderful to see a man and a woman working so well side by side without ego.

    And: HUZZAH! for all things facial hair. Can i get an article on mutton chops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mary - don't think you're hayday of mutton-love isn't coming! I have some doozies! If you'd like to submit suggestions for articles please feel free to email me at your leisure!

    ReplyDelete